Hand-crafted fiberglass laminate featuring: hand laid layers of fiberglass, durable gelcoat surface and an inner core, providing high strength and superior surface quality. All high stress areas are reinforced with heavy woven roving [woven strands fiberglass at 90 degrees, used in most boat manufacturing] providing the strongest most durable body in the industry.
No fiberglassing required: all inner components, floor, firewall, trunk liners and door liners are pre-glassed and bonded in place. Doors and trunk liners are bonded together in the molds with custom fixtures for precise and accurate placement.
Door frames and dash are supported with hardwood and plywood inner structure for stability and solid mounting of hinges and latches.
Top is chopped 3 " from original height.
Plywood package shelf and rear window frame are installed.
Doors and trunk lid come hinged to the body using taped sandwich plates behind inner liners for strength and adjustablity.
Doors are latched with bear claw rotary safety latches and are latched in the front and hinged in the rear [suicide doors].
We mold our own bodies, to exact outer dimensions using original specifications, utilizing our 30 years experience in the fiberglass industry. Bodies are so well aligned that we remove all flash lines [lines formed from seams in multiple piece molds] from the gelcoat surface. All fiberglass components go through our 12 point total cure process, insuring no post cure, and are inspected at each step of production. Every component is machined buffed to insure that the surface is even, flat and shiny.
These features combine to give our customers the highest quality body and ease of assembly.
|Including main body with 3" chop doors, doors hung and latched with window tracks installed, trunk lid hung, floor, tunnel cover, dashboard, wiper motor cover, rear window garnish mouldings and firewall.|
- Frame rails are reproduced from original design and mig and tig welded for superior strength and durability
- 112" wheel base
- Main rails fabricated from 10 gauge cold finished mild steel
- Cross section of main rail at it’s tallest point is 6" x 1 7/8"
- All frame rails are plasma cut to eliminate warpage and to assure uniformity from rail to rail
- All holes in frame rails are precisely located and predrilled with a custom fixture
- Frame is cross-braced with K member formed from 10 gauge mild steel
- K member has access for ease of routing exhaust, brake lines and fuel lines
- Frame rails are boxed for added strength and appearance
- All blind holes in frame rails for attaching body components have nuts welded in place for ease of assembly
- Front cross member is setup for stock or tubular Mustang II front suspension and is formed from 3/16" cold finished mild steel with all mounting point for upper and lower control arms and rack and pinion steering precisely located with custom fixtures
- Front strut mounting brackets are made from 5/16" cold finished mild steel with a1/4" gusset for added strength (not used with tubular front control arms)
- Rear cross member is constructed from 2" x 2" square tubing with 1 ¼" diameter threaded bar stock for mounting of coilover shocks
Triangulated Rear Suspension
- Triangulated four link arms setup for coilover shocks.
- Each four link arm has a single adjuster for fine tuning rear end location and adjusting of pinion angle.
- Link arms are made from 1" diameter .156" heavy wall D.O.M. tubing with urethane bushings and an inner sleeve to accept 9/16" bolts.
- All mounting brackets for attachment to frame and rear end housing are provided.
Pro-Street Rear Suspension
Following equipment installed on our frame:
- Rear link arm set up
- Rear coilover shocks
- Front upper and lower stamped control arms
- Strut rods and bushings (not used with tubular front control arms)
- Manual rack and pinion steering with tie rod ends and busings
- Mustang II spindles and brake brackets
- 5 lug rotors, bearings seals
- Front calipers and pads
- Front coil springs
- Front shocks
- 9" Ford rear housing with axles, bearings and seals
- Non POSI 9" center section
- 11" rear brake drums and loaded backing plates
- Brake pedal assembly and master cylinder
*Above parts only (not installed), deduct $500.00
Pro Street Frame
|Black Powder Coating on Frame and Rear Housing - Only available with rolling chassis or customer pickup||add $750.00|
|POSI Rear||add $500.00|
|Rubber Brake Hoses, Steel Brake Lines, Brake Brackets, Line Clamps,|
|and Adjustable Proportioning Valves Installed||add $375.00|
|11" Front Disc Brakes||add $150.00|
|11” Rear Disc Brakes||add $150.00|
|Tubular Front Control Arms||$425.00|
|Coilover Front Shocks||$225.00|
|Power Brakes||add $125.00|
|Straight Front Axle (below)||Pricing upon request|
** Custom Options Also Available **
Turnkeys: Cars that are completely built to your specifications, pricing upon request.