34/35 Chevy Pinched Nose Roadster
Hand-crafted fiberglass laminate featuring: hand laid layers of fiberglass, durable gelcoat surface and an inner core, providing high strength and superior surface quality. All high stress areas are reinforced with heavy woven roving, (woven strands fiberglass at 90 degrees, used in most boat manufacturing) providing the strongest most durable body in the industry.
No fiberglassing required: all inner components, floor, firewall, trunk liners and door liners are pre-glassed and bonded in place. Doors and trunk liners are bonded together in the molds with custom fixtures for precise and accurate placement.
Door frames and dash are supported with hardwood and plywood inner structure for stability and solid mounting of hinges and latches.
Interior tubular steel structure is added for additional strength and personal protection.
Plywood package shelf and rear window frame are installed.
Trunk hinge pivots are steel reinforced, precisely located and fiberglassed in place.
Doors and trunk lid come hinged to the body using taped sandwich plates behind inner liners for strength and adjustablity.
Doors are hinged in front and latched in rear with bear claw rotary safety latches and body is channeled over the frame rails.
We mold our own bodies utilizing our 30 years experience in the fiberglass industry. Our bodies are so well aligned that we remove all flash lines [lines formed from seams in multiple piece molds] from the gelcoat surface. All fiberglass components go through our 12 point total cure process, insuring no post cure, and are inspected at each step of production. Every component is machined buffed to insure that the surface is even, flat and shiny.
These features combine to give our customers the highest quality body and ease of assembly.
|Including open wheeled body, doors hung and latched, trunk lid hung, floor, tunnel cover, dashboard, firewall, hood and grill with hood sides.|
- Frame rails are reproduced from original profile under the main body and mig and tig welded for superior strength and durability
- 112” wheel base 5” longer than stock
- Main rails fabricated from 3/16” 2” x 4” and 2” x 3” box tubing
- Frame is cross-braced with K member formed from 1” x 2” box tubing.
- K member is designed for ease of routing exhaust, brake lines and fuel lines
- Temporary front cross member
- Rear cross member is constructed from 2” x 2” square tubing with 1 ¼” diameter threaded bar stock for mounting of coilover shocks
Above frame with complete Heidt’s style front end and front cross member installed
Triangulated Rear Suspension
- Triangulated four link arms setup for coilover shocks.
- Each four link arm has a single adjuster for fine tuning rear end location and adjusting of pinion angle.
- Link arms are made from 1" diameter .156" heavy wall D.O.M. tubing with urethane bushings and a inner sleeve to accept 9/16" bolts.
- All mounting brackets for attachment to frame and rear end housing are provided.
Following equipment installed on our frame:
- Rear link arm setup
- Rear coilover shocks
- Heidt’s style open wheel front end
- 9” Ford rear housing with axles, bearings and seals
- Non POSI 9” center section
- 11” rear brake drums and loaded backing plates
- Brake pedal assembly and master cylinder
*Above parts only (not installed), deduct $500.00
|Black Powder Coating on Frame and Rear Housing - Only available with rolling chassis or customer pickup||add $750.00|
|POSI Rear||add $500.00|
|Rubber Brake Hoses, Steel Brake Lines, Brake Brackets, Line Clamps,|
|and Adjustable Proportioning Valves Installed||add $375.00|
|11” Rear Disc Brakes||add $150.00|
|Power Brakes||add $125.00|
** Custom Options Also Available **
Turnkeys: Cars that are completely built to your specifications, pricing upon request.